Mold and mildew microorganisms are not only present in nature, but are also often found in households and workplaces, especially in damp materials such as wood, carpet, paper, cardboard or insulation. In small quantities these mold spores are usually not harmful, however, when large quantities are present, they are a health hazard, even toxic, potentially causing allergic reactions and serious respiratory problems. If you find or suspect mold or mildew growth in your home or business, it’s best to take care of the problem immediately.
Professional Mold Removal Service – Our teams of specialists are fully certified by the Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) and the American Council for Accredited Certification (ACAC).
Mold Testing – When you call National Restoration, we will schedule a Remediation Supervisor to visit your property and conduct a thorough inspection. If the supervisor determines that there is a need for further testing, we will recommend a third party industrial hygienist (IH). We recommend this as it is a “conflict of interest” to have a remediation company also do the testing. Testing can be performed by a remediation company to identify levels, however, the IH should determine the levels and type of fungi growth and develop the correct protocol for the remediation.
Mold Remediation – National Restoration strictly follows all professional guidelines as directed by the EPA and IICRC in the remediation of mold contamination.
We will facilitate proper containment of the mold area, then install equipment such as HEPA vacuums and High-Efficiency Particulate Air Vacuums to dry out the contaminated materials before removal.
Once the mold is removed, we ensure that the contaminated materials are disposed of in a safe and correct manner. At this point we can begin to rebuild your property and return it to pre-loss condition.
In order to begin growing, mold requires three things: spores, moisture and an organic food source. All fungi produce spores in order to reproduce, and since fungi (molds, yeasts) have been around for millions of years, there are always mold spores floating around in the air – indoor and outdoor, regardless of efforts to be rid of them. Mold spores can never be eradicated in their entirety from any area, and, since they’re microscopic, they can travel anywhere with very little support from their environment. Like dust, mold spores are all around us. With this in mind, your best chance of prohibiting mold growth is through the control of moisture.
Molds can be found almost anywhere; they can grow on virtually any organic substance, as long as moisture and oxygen are present. There are molds that can grow on wood, paper, carpet, foods, and insulation. When excessive moisture accumulates in buildings or on building materials, mold growth will often occur, particularly if the moisture problem remains undiscovered or unaddressed. It is impossible to eliminate all mold and mold spores in the indoor environment. However, mold growth can be controlled indoors by controlling the moisture level indoors.
Fungi can grow on anything that’s living or was once living. When mold spores find a source of moisture, they absorb as much of it as they can, swelling to many times their original size, and begin to sprout root structures. Given enough moisture and time, mold can eat away at a house until it’s no longer structurally sound. Mold can grow in nearly any environment. Some molds can withstand extreme heat and cold, and though most grow best in a humid climate, some, known as dry rot, can grow well in low humidity. Airborne toxic mold spores can affect the immune system, nervous system, liver, kidneys, blood and in extreme cases of exposure, can cause brain damage.