TORNADO & HURRICANE
THE FIRST 24 HOURS ARE CRITICAL IN DISASTER RESTORATION
By calling National Restoration first, you immediately begin the process of getting back to normal. Our technicians will stabilize the damage to prevent it from getting worse, greatly reducing repair time and cost.
- You may feel overwhelmed or pressured to make quick decisions. DON’T!
- In your contract with your insurance company you have the “Right to Choose a Contractor of Your Choice”
- You are, however, obligated to prevent further damage to your property. That’s where National Restoration steps in.
NATIONAL RESTORATION WILL:
- Secure the property by boarding up damaged windows or doors
- Tarping your roof to prevent further damage
- Remove standing water or water damaged materials from the property
24 HOUR EMERGENCY SERVICES
- Water extraction using the latest equipment, techniques and chemicals
- Structural drying using dehumidiﬁers and air movers
- Application of Micro-ban antimicrobial spray to prevent mold damage
- State of the art moisture readings to monitor moisture levels
- Shut off water source if possible
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping & blotting the saturated area
- Wipe furniture to remove excess water
- Place aluminum foil between legs & wet carpet
- Prop up wet furniture cushions for even drying
- Lift drapes off ﬂooring, loop through a coat hanger & hang on curtain rod
- Remove wet area rugs
- Turn on air conditioner if damage occurs in summer
- Move valuable paintings, art objects & photos to a safe, dry place
- Remove damp books from shelves & lay them out to dry
- Open closet doors, furniture drawers to aid in drying
- Remove any wet fabrics & dry immediately
- Hang leather goods to dry at room temperature
- use your household vacuum to remove the excess water.
- use electrical appliances while standing on wet ﬂooring or carpets.
- go into any room with standing water if the electricity is on.
- lift tacked down carpet without professional help.
- go into any room where the ceiling is sagging.
- wait to call for professional help. The longer you wait the worse the damage will be!
LEAVING YOUR PROPERTY
- Contact your local police department to let them know the site will be unoccupied.
- It may be necessary to board up openings to discourage trespassers.
- Save ALL receipts to show your insurance company what you have spent related to your loss and to verify losses claimed on your income taxes.
IF IT’S SAFE, RETRIEVE THE FOLLOWING ITEMS
- Identiﬁcation, birth certiﬁcates and other important documents
- Insurance information
- Valuables, such as credit cards, bank books, cash and jewelry
PEOPLE AND ENTITIES YOU SHOULD NOTIFY
- Insurance agent/company
- Mortgage company
- Your child’s school
- Post Office
- Delivery services
- Fire & Police departments
- Utility companies
- Do not throw away any damaged goods until after an inventory is made.
- National Restoration will help you with inventory. You could cost yourself thousands of dollars if the inventory is not presented properly.
CLAIM PROCESS IMPLEMENTATION
National Restoration will:
- Inventory your damaged contents through a thorough documentation
- Digitally photograph the rooms and items lost
- Carefully box and package any items that are deemed restorable.
- Store these items in our state-of-the-art facility until your restoration is complete.
- Work with your insurance company.
Other helpful links: